Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hair Challenges!



Hey guys, This is my first hair challenge I am hosting! I wanted to challenge myself and you guys can also join in.
Here are the challenges:

No buying hair products/Use what you have Challenge
Are you a product junkie like me and you want to be cured, then this is the challenge for you. This challenge allows you to save money, stop the stress all those products just laying around, and you can actually use up products and evaluate what works and what doesn't.

Rules:
1. (of course) Don't buy anything
2. Pick 1 product from each category and stick to it until its gone
Example: clarifying shampoo
               moisturizing shampoo
               moisturizing conditioner
               protein conditioner
               etc.
3. Keep empty containers and store them away to record your progress.
4. ONLY buy when you run out of all products in a certain category.
5.  Take of pic of all the products you use up at the end of the challenge


When does the challenge end?
For me, it is going to go on until I have no excess product left and all that is left is staple products. For others, try to stay on i the challenge as long as you can (or until the product junkieism kicks in lol)


Next challenge:

No Direct Heat For Six Months Challenge
Using direct heat constantly or on an occasional basis can kill your hair. I personally don't use direct heat often but my hair can improve if I stay away from it for a while. This challenge can help you improve the health of your hair, discover heatless ways to style your hair, and also help prevent split ends caused by heat.

Rules:
1. No DIRECT HEAT(flat iron, blow dryer, curling iron, hot rollers)
2. Do styles that don't require heat (buns, braid-outs, twist-outs,etc)
3. It is ok to use to the blow dryer, as long as it is set on a cool setting.
4 Hooded dryers are not a form of direct heat so they can be used



When does the challenge end?
Six months from now, of course!


I will be doing updates on the challenge and also providing Hairstyles of the week that don't requie heat.

Will you guys please join me on the challenge?






No comments:

Post a Comment